Tuesday, May 31, 2011

South Lake Tahoe


Took some time off to go to South Lake Tahoe with Lisa and her daughters, Dorrian and Alex for "cabin camping" over Memorial Day weekend.  The cool crisp air and the amazing mountainous surroundings were awe inspiring!  We had a 1 room cabin with NO heat and NO insulation!  Lisa did, however, bring a small space heater which did nothing more than take a moderate amount of chill out of our accommodations.  At night we layered up, complete with coats and hoods, and bundled up in blankets ~ but we could still see our breath by the beam from the flashlight!  brrrrr!  On Saturday it snowed on and off and then a snow storm settled in (as depicted in the photo).  By late Sunday morning the snow began to melt and the snow fell from the limbs of the evergreens.  All in all, a GREAT time was had though!  There were many families gathered with their young adults with "special needs" and the comraderie was strong and I was welcomed and my heart was warmed.  There were many activities we participated in ~ hiking (awesome!), archery (I am seriously out of practice!), candle-making and of course all the games played with the parents while the kids hung out in the kids' lounge.  I take away more than I brought ~ PEACE, LOVE and UNDERSTANDING!  I thank God for giving me this most beautiful gift!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment