Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mock-up Approved!

I received word from my design team this morning, much sooner than expected, that the mock-up for the interior of IC was ready for my approval or change.  I studied it carefully and it was just as I specified ~ so, it's APPROVED!  Now they'll be on to completing the design throughout the manuscript ~ this should take possibly a few weeks?  Then, once they have the proper page count, I can adjust the spine of the book cover accordingly.  Now that I completely understand the time and effort involved on the production end ~ I'm going to make a concerted effort to get the FCS manuscript to Tony by June.  My goal is to have this one published by late fall ~ in time for the holidays.  I want to encourage momentum with regards to my books.

When I was writing IC I already had in mind what I wanted to do for FCS.  But right now, as I thoroughly enjoy writing FCS, no thoughts come to mind on where I want to go with my characters next . . . however, I'm quite sure that when I begin wrapping up FCS an idea will have occured to me.  I don't feel ready to give up Darcy Barlowe just yet. . . .

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment