Monday, April 25, 2011

Another Delay!

Okay ~ so the way we learn is by making mistakes ~ after this I know what not to do!  That's for sure! 

It was a font issue, and even though I believed I had asked all the questions I needed to ask, apparently the answer I received was not completely correct.  For an additional fee [the actual amount I saved] I was able to get the change made.  This will require an additional 7-10 business days.  After approval it will be another 2 weeks until I receive a hard-copy proof of the book.  Once that is approved ~ then it will be COMPLETELY ready for publication.

What have I learned?  To get the process moving IMMEDIATELY after editor approval and the EXACT font I want to use.  This should make the entire process of interior design 4-6 weeks long ~ much better!  And easier for planning launch dates.  But, hey, this was my first time ~ so as long as I have gained knowledge from this experience, the better off I'll be!

~E

No comments:

Post a Comment